Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Nov 28, 2013
According to SamMobile report, the Android 4.3 XXUEMKC Jelly Bean update brings a host of bug-fixes and feature enhancements over its previous firmware. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (LTE) I9305 users who missed the OTA update notification or unable to access the update over Samsung KIES, and those who are residing outside Germany can now download and install the same manually, using our step-by-step guide.
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy S3 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The Android 4.3 XXUEMKC Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9305). Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Android 4.3 XXUEMKC Jelly Bean Firmware (Mirror Link 1, Link 2)
2. Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Update Galaxy S3 (LTE) I9305 with Android 4.3 XXUEMKC Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy S3.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 7: Select the following files in Odin from extracted I9305XXUEMKC firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 9: Verify everything suggested in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the Start button to begin the installation process.
Step 10: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (LTE) I9305 should be now updated with official Android 4.3 XXUEMKC Jelly Bean. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy S3 (LTE) I9305 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.