Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 users who wish to root their devices running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, may follow our step-by-step guide.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The Root Package works only on Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Mega 5.8 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Root Package (Mirror Link) for Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 (I9152-JB_4.2.2-boot.tar)
2. Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Root Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Odin 3.07 file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Switch off the Galaxy Mega 5.8. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3: Launch Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 4: Connect the Galaxy Mega 5.8 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the I9152-JB_4.2.2-boot.tar file.
Step 6: Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is not selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Note: If you can not update Superuser directly from the Google Play Store, here is the latest Superuser.apk. Just install it manually on the Galaxy Mega 5.8.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Note: Tested working on Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 with Android 4.2.2 XWUAMG1 Jelly Bean firmware, should work with other Jelly Bean firmware. Try it and let us know.