Version: Android 4.2.2
Built date: Aug 01, 2013
This update brings some new stuff on the Galaxy Note 8.0 such as lockscreen widgets, dedicated toggles menu in status bar, improved task switching, Daydream screensaver mode, and performance enhancements.
The new official firmware is now available as an Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as through Samsung KIES. However, those who missed the OTA update notification or unable to access the update over Samsung KIES, and those who are residing outside Germany can now download and install the same manually, using our step-by-step guide.
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Note 8.0 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The Android 4.2.2 XXCMH1 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note 8.0 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Android 4.2.2 XXCMH1 Jelly Bean Firmware (Mirror Link 1, Link 2)
2. Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 with Android 4.2.2 XXCMH1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Power off your phone.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 7: Choose the following files in Odin from extracted N5100XXCMH1 firmware folder by using respective checkboxes:
- Select the PDA checkbox, and choose the file named .tar or .md5.
- Click the Phone checkbox, and choose the file with 'modem' in its name (ignore if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with 'csc' in its name (ignore if such file is missing)
- Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
Step 9: Verify everything suggested in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the Start button to begin the installation process.
Step 10: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 should be now updated with official Android 4.2.2 XXCMH1 Jelly Bean. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.