Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy S3 Mini should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the device is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) and TWRP Recovery files works only on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. Applying these on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S3 Mini by selecting Settings >> About Phone.
1. CWM (Mirror Link), CWM Touch (Mirror Link) or TWRP (Mirror Link)
2. SuperSU (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.75.zip) or the latest version
3. Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Install CWM/TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190
Step 1: Extract the Odin 3.07 .zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy the SuperSU .zip file to the external SD card of your phone.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy S3 Mini. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy S3 Mini to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CWM/TWRP Recovery .tar.md5 file. Verify that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.
Steps to Root Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 by Installing SuperSU via CWM Recovery
Step 9: Reboot the device into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
Step 10: In CWM Recovery, select "install zip from sdcard" and then select "choose zip from external sdcard". Now, navigate to the SuperSU .zip file that you copied earlier and confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
Step 11: Once installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select "reboot system now".
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.