According to SamMobile, In the Android 4.3 update, Samsung has updated the core UI elements to more like Galaxy S4/Note 3's interface, including the tabbed settings. Samsung has included many new features in the Android 4.3 update, many taken from the Galaxy S4/Note 3. Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet are also present in this test firmware.
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Sep 25, 2013
Regions: Open Europe
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users can now update their devices with the leaked version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware by following the tutorial below.
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Note 2 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The leaked Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with the international version of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with model number GT-N7100. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note 2 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 Jelly Bean Firmware (Password: wagnervaz) for Galaxy Note 2 N7100
2. Odin 3.09 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Note 2.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Note 2 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 7: In Odin, Click the AP button and select the AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.tar file.
Step 8: Verify that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 9: Double-check and click Start button to begin the installation process.
Step 10: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 should be now updated with leaked Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 Jelly Bean firmware. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy Note 2 N7100 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Home, Volume Up and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.