Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the device by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the device is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) and SuperSU files works only on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210. Applying these on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus by selecting Settings >> About Phone.
1. CWM - Mirror Link (p6210-clockworkmod-18.104.22.168.zip)
2. SuperSU - Mirror Link (CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip)
3. Odin 3.07 - Mirror Link
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210
Step 1: Extract CWM recovery .zip and Odin 3.07 .zip files using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file to the external SD card of tablet.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA and select the recovery.tar.md5 file. Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once installation process is completed, the device will reboot automatically. After the home screen appears, unplug USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 by Installing SuperSU via CWM Recovery
Step 9: Reboot the device into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
Step 10: In CWM Recovery, select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from external sdcard. Now, navigate to the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip file that you copied earlier and confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
Step 11: Once installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (Wi-Fi) P6210 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.