This tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root file released by recognised XDA Developers, Chainfire. The CF-Auto-Root file allowing Galaxy S4 I9505 users to root their devices easily without depending on the firmware. It completely supports Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and future firmware as well.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone.
3) Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4) The Galaxy S4 I9505 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5) Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6) The CF-Auto-Root file works only on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 (Snapdragon). Applying this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S4 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S4 I9505 (CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip)
2. Odin 3.07
Steps to Root Galaxy S4 I9505 Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract CF-Auto-Root and Odin 3.07 files using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Switch off the Galaxy S4 I9505. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3: Launch Odin on the computer.
Step 4: Connect the Galaxy S4 I9505 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB driver
Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 file.
Step 6: Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option in Odin is not selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 (Snapdragon) running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.