This update brings some new stuff on the Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 such as Google Now, Smart Stay, Blocking Mode that let users block any unwanted calls, new Gallery, a redesigned Home Screen launcher, Text-to-speech capability and a new notifications settings.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: April, 2013
Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand
The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus users who fail to upgrade their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean via official method for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually.
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200. Applying this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean Firmware (Mirror Link) for Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200
2. Odin 3.07
Steps to Update Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 with Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen will arrive, then press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB deriver.
Step 7: Choose the following files in Odin from extracted P6200XXMD6 firmware folder by using respective checkboxes:
- Select the PDA checkbox, and choose the file named .tar or .md5.
- Click the Phone checkbox, and choose the file with 'modem' in its name (ignore if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with 'csc' in its name (ignore if such file is missing)
- Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
Step 9: Verify everything suggested in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Once flashing completed, your tablet will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 should be now updated with official Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.