Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: April, 2013
Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand
The Galaxy S Advance users who fail to upgrade their devices with Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean using official method for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually.
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy S Advance should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 and installing this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Galaxy S Advance by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean Firmware
2. Odin 3.07
Steps to Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy S Advance to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB driver.
Step 7: Choose the following files in Odin from extracted I9070DXAMD1 firmware folder by using respective checkboxes:
- Select the PDA checkbox, and choose the file named .tar or .md5.
- Click the Phone checkbox, and choose the file with 'modem' in its name (ignore if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC checkbox, and select the file with 'csc' in its name (ignore if such file is missing)
- Choose the PIT checkbox, and choose the .pit file. Use only the file obtained during extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
Step 9: Verify everything suggested in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 should be now updated with official Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy S Advance I9070 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.