Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The CWM Recovery and Superuser files used for rooting are compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6200). Applying these on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. CWM - Mirror Link (recovery.tar.rar)
2. Superuser - Mirror Link (Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip)
3. Odin 3.07 - Mirror Link
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200
Step 1: Extract the CWM recovery and Odin 3.07 files using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy the Superuser .zip file to the external SD card of your tablet.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen will arrive, then press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on your computer.
Step 5: Connect the tablet to the computer using the USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box in the bottom left. You will also get to see COM port with a number in Yellow when the tablet is connected to the computer successfully.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA and select the recovery.tar.md5 file. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once installation is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically. After the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.
Steps to root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 by Installing Superuser via CWM Recovery
Step 9: Reboot the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
Step 10: In CWM recovery, select "install zip from sdcard" then select "choose zip from external sdcard". Now, navigate to the Superuser .zip file that you copied earlier and confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
Step 11: Once the installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select "reboot system now" to reboot tablet.
Note: You can replace Superuser with SuperSU if you think the latter is the better one.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200 running on Android 4.1.2 XXMD6 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.